Sometimes a program needs to create files that are normally blocked by ICE.
Quickbooks and programs built using the Microsoft .Net Framework are common examples.
Here are the steps necessary to exclude a program from ICE:
- Right click on the ICE tray icon
- Click on the ‘About’ menu item
- Click the ‘Configure…’ button
- Select the ‘Trusted Programs’ tab
- In the ‘Trusted Programs’ area, hover over an empty row and click the ‘Pick…’ button
- On the ‘Pick Trusted Program’ screen, select the program that you want ICE to ignore and click OK.
- Click ‘Close’
Never exclude Windows Explorer or an Internet browser since they are the most common way malware gets installed.